Things I love about having my husband back at home:
- Not having to be the sole night-time tooth-brusher. I really don't enjoy the bedtime routine, and I especially hate the tooth-brushing part.
- Someone to change all the lightbulbs that burnt out in the last 3 weeks.
- Me having a leisurely morning at home with Silas and Keziah while Erik does the drop-off portion of the daily school runs.
- Making 2 cups of coffee in the morning instead of just 1.
- Being able to slowly debrief about the little things in my day without the pressure of trying to "say it all" in a phone conversation.
- Having someone to welcome home for supper time :)
- The kids fighting less. Or maybe it just feels like they're fighting less because I don't have to be the only one to deal with it!
(This is me not caring anymore - the day before Erik got home)
(Silas warmed up quickly to Erik after the long separation - something to be thankful for!)
Another bonus of having Erik home? Leaving the house and the kids behind for a day of pampering - hair cut/colour and Life Group girls spa/massage night!
(Here's my new haircut - haven't had in this short in awhile. But I'm loving it!)
The thing I don't love about having my husband back? How our house suddenly feels WAY too small for our family. Crazy how one extra person makes it feel more crowded.
Stay tuned for the solution to that dilemma...