Monday, February 08, 2010

Olympic Fever




I can remember when Erik and I moved to Abbotsford in 2003 and thought about how different our lives would be when the olympics came in 2010. I can recall joking with him that we would have 3 kids and that I would be driving them around in a minivan...

And somewhere in those (very fast) 6.5 years, we did have 3 kids and I am driving them around in a minivan.

Crazy.


So, yesterday the olympic torch happened to be going past the street that our townhouse complex is on, so we had the family over for supper and the chance to catch a glimpse. Luckily, we got a spot right across the street from where they did a torch flame "pass off" from one runner to another. Micah and Erik got some pictures with the runner waiting to start his leg of the run.


Here comes the flame...


The olympic flame gets passed on (I like their little secret handshake :)...

8 comments:

Jen Glen said...

See?!? YOU got good pictures of the torch! Why? B/c it was the DAYTIME!! Why couldn't ours have run through in the daytime. I'm just a little bit bitter...don't mind me.

Lindsay said...

so awesome!!! i love it!

Mel said...

Jamie - we both gave our latest blog the same name - weird! I just read yours, after writing mine earlier today. Isn't it so fun to be a part of everything "Olympic" out here?!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I think it's funny that you joked and it came true!

KDees said...

Great post, Jamie! It IS funny that you joked about three kids and a minivan - who knew it would all come true? We saw the torch come through High River only a few weeks ago! Very exciting times!

The Keowns said...

that is exciting.
Three kids and a mini van is the great life.

kelly ens said...

heehee to the 3 kids and a minivan :) so great, isn't it?
love that it came right by your house! :)

Kim said...

That is super exciting. We're all very excited about the Olympics in our home...I think we'll all be TV bound for the next few weeks!