Friday, February 11, 2011

Mornings

A typical morning at our house...


... breakfast at the little table ... menu consisting of chocolate milk and peanut butter and honey (or jam) sandwiches ... Artzooka or High Five playing in the background ... kids in the their jammies until about 8 ... me starting the morning nag about getting dressed and ready for school because we're going to be late ... inevitably thinking to myself that I should really start making them get ready for school before the TV goes on ... shrugging off the suggestion because we've never been late for school yet ...


6 comments:

Elissa said...

So cute... all those kiddos around the table together :) Wish I could come hang out there in my pj's

Trev and Rebekah said...

Such cute kids you have.

rachel joy said...

I love PB&J for breakfast! Makes total sense, and way less crumbs than toast. And you described exactly why I have banned all TV on a school morning. I thought they'd never go for it but they actually regularly play very quietly and the fussing is majorly reduced. But we're still late for school now and then. I guess I need to get up before 7:45 to make that go better! Marty saw the previous post and said "I know that girl!"

the camerons said...

Hi Jamie

Have found your blog and really have enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you for your honesty. It has encouraged me and helped me feel that I am normal as a mom some of the things I feel or experience. Hope you and your family are well

Karin

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie. Was fun skyping you guys last night. Maybe dad will spring for a new computer now. mom

Kim said...

Looks like fun. We have a no "technology" before school rule in our house - no TV, DS, Wii etc. I do get to have the radio on but that often gets turned off when the noise of everything gets to be too much for mommy!