Sunday, July 16, 2006

5 Years

Yesterday (July 15), Erik & I celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe we've hit this milestone! Our wedding day doesn't seem that long ago...





Wow, everyone looks so young - especially Doug & Nathan!

To celebrate the occasion, we went into Vancouver (sans Micah) and enjoyed dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory (the same restaurant we went to in Banff the night we got engaged). Afterwards, we walked along the ocean in Stanley Park and got to watch a huge cruise ship leaving the harbour. We enjoyed exploring some beaches we hadn't really been to before. We live in such an amazing place and have seen so little of it so we were inspired to do more outings - with and without Micah!

Mmmm, what a great dinner - I must've been really hungry because I ate EVERYTHING - bread, salad, dinner and dessert... I'll just blame it on the baby :)

A little taste of home - and the province we were married in!

Enjoying a warm evening in Gastown after supper.

What a great day with you Erik! These last 5 years have been so full - a ton of great things and some not-so-great things, but all a part in leading us closer together in our journey of marriage. I'm so thankful for where we are at and the future is full of nothing but excitement! I hope we have MANY more years to come!

13 comments:

Janelle said...

i remember that day! one of the most beautiful weddings ever - that's for sure!! everyone does look soooo young! but 5 years is a long time - can you believe what we've all done in that time?
you know that we love you guys - Happy Anniversary.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow you were a beautiful bride...still a beautiful person. Glad you were able to celebrate. May God continue to bestow his blessings on your marriage and on your family.

The Keowns said...

yea everyone does look so young. still have to laugh at the jumping pic since I was preggo at the time!!
Happy Anniversary! wow 5 years!! that means 6 for us coming up soon, hard to believe.

Lori said...

that was a fun day...i liked the 'sphere under the tent with the lights...congrats on the big 5...

Kirsten said...

Happy Anniversary Jamie! See, I can even be glad that you married Erik, and somehow 5 years later I have been able to meet you through Nate and Rosanna. I am glad about that! I laughed out loud at some of those pictures. Especially Nate. He looks like an 80's rock star or something! So fun. Hopefully see you soon.

patti said...

haapy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

That's so great to have some time just the two if you. It's so good to look back like that on the good and not so good times and feel so blessed. James, you look so amazing, and must be feeling well to be eating all that food. I was gonna tell you that from the ultrasound it was hard to say boy or girl, but I definitely thought he or she bore a strong resemblance to Micah. So either way, very, very cute.

Cordella said...

Erik and Jamie,

Congratulations on your anniversary! It's hard to believe that 5 years has past even since the end of Bethany:) Anyway, I wish you all the best in the coming years!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 years! We're not much behind you, but I know what you mean about the time going soooooo fast. It's crazy! Anyways, you guys looked great then, and still do. Blessings, Karen

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Jamie and Erik - we love you guys! Thanks for sharing the journey with us. We admire you both and love witnessing the love you have for each other. God bless you richly as you continue to seek Him and trust Him and be obedient to Him!

Courtney and Jon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney and Jon said...

Hi there,
I am one of your blog stalkers. I stop in every once in a while and know that it is delightful to get new comments so I thought that I would comment and what better post? Cause now I too can say HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY. I have found you through Kirsten's blog as well as Rosanna's.
Thanks for sharing your life (via blog) with me :o).
Congrats (a while ago I know) on your baby!

Crystal said...

Happy Aniversary! I love looking at wedding pictures! You haven't aged a day Jamie! You are still the beautiful bride that you were on that day! Love you guys!
Crystal