Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Good-bye Uncle Chris... for the second time!

Erik's cousin Chris was here in Abbotsford again for a short week between his stint to Cyprus and his next assignment in Nairobi, Kenya.

Here are Chris and Micah saying good-bye this morning just before Chris headed off to Saskatoon (he'll spend some time there before heading off to Africa). Micah finally learned how to say Chris' name - except it sounds more like "peas" than Chris. At least it's something!

I snapped this picture the other day of Erik & Micah - my buzz-cutted boys - watching TV and eating chips and chili together.

Unfortunately Erik's been home more than we would both like. His plans for house-building this fall have halted and now we're looking at other options for him. There are some good possible opportunities coming up, but nothing immediate. So for now we wait and pray for some clear direction in terms of his career.

In other news, I have reached the 30-week mark of my pregnancy. Only about 10 more weeks to go - but Erik and I both agree we'd love it if the baby decided to come early! I'm not going to count on it though. Micah came a few days late.
I'm feeling pretty good other than just BIG! The baby seems to be running out of "womb" as well - as I feel elbows and feet poking and pushing from all sides. I forgot how uncomfortable these last couple of months can be and as much as I enjoy being pregnant, I'm also anxious to have my body back to normal again!

Micah is talking like crazy now - his favourite new phrase from the weekend is "Oh Boy!" and he says it for everything! So cute - we'll definitely have to capture it on film. He also seems to be relaxing a little bit in the large group settings and not being quite as clingy - which was good since there were a lot of people coming and going this weekend. We even looked after his little friend, the J-man, this week. I think it was good practice for Micah to have another kid around who was getting Mommy's attention.

Micah was discovering some goodies in my bathroom drawer this morning...
The funny part is he really wanted to put this "diaper" on his baby :)

7 comments:

kelly ens said...

Good to hear Micah's "relaxing" a bit again :) Too cute about the "diapers" :)

Amber said...

Ha! Haileys favorite phrase is "Oh My!" - it's so cute when they start expressing themselves with these type of expressions!! Congrats on the 30 week mark - yay!

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Love the diaper discovery as well.

Anonymous said...

Micah, you're so cute! I love your enthusiasm to change your baby. I can't believe you've only got 10 wks. to go Jamie - wow. I'm feeling the anticipation for you, so I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie - because I switched to Beta Blogger I can't log in to comments on non beta blogs :(

J-man had fun with you Micah. He especially liked the way you said 'Bye Jack'

Love the 'diaper'. Someday he'll want to die from embarrassment when he sees that!

See you Sunday and thanks for last week.

Janelle said...

chris - if you read this, and you have time in s'toon, give us a call & we'll get some people together.
erik - if you read this, there are lots of jobs in s'toon..hint, hint.

and i have to say, those pics of Micah are priceless!! he's gonna love seeing those in the album when he actually understands what those are!! haha..

i'll be crossing my fingers for you Jamen, that the baby will come early!! i'm so excited!!!!

Kirsten said...

The diaper is too funny!! I love the expression on Micah's face. I love being able to watch kids as they grow and gain vocabulary every day! It is such a special thing. I am sure Micah has some more fun expressions up his sleeve!