Tuesday, September 04, 2012

First Day of School

I feel like this picture pretty much sums up how our morning went:


Keziah is quietly thinking about how excited she is to go back to school, Silas is thinking, 'Man, how come they get to go to school?' and Micah is thinking, 'I DO NOT want to go back to school!'

I was finally able to leave the school at about 10 am after much tears and panic on behalf of the eldest.  Middle child acclimatized within seconds to her classroom - she may not have made a peep all morning, but at least she was happy.  And the youngest tagged along with his Tinkerbell backpack in tow.

Here's hoping for less drama tomorrow...

8 comments:

Laura said...

this picture made me laugh out loud... hoping tomorrow is better for you:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jami, I am so sorry that it was hard for Micah, and that of cours makes it extra hard for you. Praying it will go better tomorrow. How was he after school? Granny

Elissa said...

Oh man-- I totally burst out laughing over this one-- Jamie, you're hilarous :) Poor Micah-- hope the next days go better for him... Keziah, atta girl! And Silas-- I'm beyond words-- you and your tinkerbell backpack!

kelly ens said...

oh, that picture is AWESOME!!!!!
hoping tomorrow goes better for Micah!

Mel said...

Oh Jamie - that picture is priceless!! I LOVE how it captured every one of their emotions. Hilarious...We start school in another week (it starts quite a bit later out here). Joshie will start kindergarten (in turkish), Kayla will continue in Gr. 3 (turkish), and Brookie will be home-schooled. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly..

Anonymous said...

Jamie, this post is perfect... I also burst out laughing and love, love, love the picture. And my favorite was the Tinkerbell tagalong :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Has it gotten anybetter?

Rosalia said...

The scenery is very beautiful and amazing, I like it