Friday, October 19, 2012

Kids and Cows

We haven't made much noticeable headway on the bathroom, so I'll refrain from posting disappointingly un-progressive pictures of it.  Instead, here are a few from last week when Dad Toews cut some hay for our hungry cows and the kids helped deliver the fresh treat.  With the lack of rain the grass had been getting pretty sparse in the pasture, so the cows quickly got over any people-related shyness and came running.


Cocoa nibbling on Keziah's knees.


Willy the calf.


Up on the haywagon.


This kid is pretty fearless.


Micah getting mauled by cattle...


I think that was the last warm, dry evening of our amazing fall.  A day or two later the rains started in earnest.  So, today I celebrated "real" fall by trying a recipe for squash soup (turned out delicious, by the way) and some pumpkin pie for dessert (thanks to my Mom for leaving me a stash of pie dough in my freezer).  It definitely smells like October in the kitchen today :)

2 comments:

GSFALK said...

Just :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love seeing your FARM pictures. How different your life is since you've moved there.