Sunday, October 14, 2012

Waste Management

A couple of weeks ago we made some significant progress on our house expansion project.  It may not be the most exciting or visually appealing part of the transformation, but it was an absolutely necessary first step.  

Say hello to our new septic system...


The day the big new tanks went in was pretty exciting.  My parents were still here and so we all watched as they were lowered into the ground.


Our old tank was in need of being replaced, and also in need of being moved so that we could build onto the house.  So getting this new system is in place was essential to get the ball rolling.


And while we're on the topic of potty talk, this is how our bathroom is looking these days...

It may not look like much, but there's already been a lot of progress in this room including a brand new bathtub.  We weren't expecting to start this renovation so soon, so my mind has been spinning with all the big decisions that need to be made before we can finish.  Good thing I work well under pressure... Maybe Erik should just spring every home renovation project on me at the 11th hour!

Then again... maybe not.

Fortunately I've decided on the main things - thanks to the inspiration of my Pinterest board.  So, for those who care, here's a little idea of what (I hope) is to come:

I've chosen a hexagon floor tile like this one and I also hope Erik can replicate this wainscoting...



White subway tile for around the bathtub (and more hex tile but with darker grout)...


Vanity inspiration (but with more drawers)...
(Also, we'll be putting in this double sink that I bought at IKEA over the weekend.)

{unknown source}

Light fixture (I found one that's exactly the same at Home Depot.ca)...


So now that my homework is done, Erik's work is just beginning.  There's a lot that needs to be done before our bathroom looks anything like these ones...  Right now we are minus a shower and a toilet and the renovation of this one small room has overtaken our entire house...  But I'm just trusting that in the end it will all be worth it!

7 comments:

laura.h said...

It's gonna look beautiful. You are so blessed to have such a talented husband. Can't wait to see progress pictures!

Bonnie said...

It WILL be worth it... and I can't wait to see the final reveal!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am sure it will look amazing! Mom

kelly ens said...

that's so exciting!!!

so...do you just share the downstairs bathroom with your inlaws, or...WHAT exactly do you do?

Jamie said...

haha! Yes, Kelly, we've been sharing the downstairs bathroom for now :)

Jen Glen said...

I can't imagine living in the reno! You are very brave indeed! And with all that rain you've been having, there's no escape for you! Hats off to you, my friend!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Did the bathroom get expanded too?