Friday, December 08, 2006

Manitoba Pics!

Hello from the winter-y province of Manitoba! I'm finally able to upload some pics to blogger, so here's a little look at our first few days that we spent on the farm in Boissevain...

Here was the scene on the plane ride from Calgary to Winnipeg. There were TONS of empty seats on the plane so Erik and I were able to spread out with the kids. Here's Micah stretched out on three seats for his nap:

And here's Keziah stretched out on one seat!

Me and the kids enjoying a lazy morning at Granny's...

Erik has been looking forward to snowmobiling on the farm and there was just enough snow for him to get out a few times. He even took Micah out and we got a couple of shots of them going around the yard. Micah had fun but it was a little too cold for a long ride. Micah also enjoyed meeting "Sheba" - the dog that used to belong to Erik and his family when they lived in Calgary and has now retired with my parents on the farm...


A few shots of some of Micah & Keziah's cousins. We spent a bit of time with some of them at the beginning of the week on the farm.

Micah and his Grandpa Harder. He's really warmed up to his Grandpa & Granny this week.

Now we are in LaSalle at Brad & Nichole's and today we've had a long day. We went to my Aunt Martha's funeral earlier this afternoon and then we went ahead with our Harder family Christmas this afternoon and evening. It was a zoo with all the kids, but it was fun watching them open presents and enjoy playing with each other (minus a few scraps here and there which is to be expected!) There will be lots more pictures to come, but for now I need to feed my daughter and get to bed!

12 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I'm glad you were able to be here for your aunt's funeral. I'm sure it would have been hard being in BC if it would have happened after you returned home.

Cheri said...

Hey James: Glad to hear you're having a busy but great time there!! I hope you enjoy ever minute to the fullest!! Take care!

kelly ens said...

glad to hear everything is going well there!

Kirsten said...

What special times to be together with family. I am so glad you were able to go to Manitoba! The pictures are great.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ahhh a taste of home! Thanks for posting the snow photos... makes me realize what I am missing out on this Christmas! I loved the airplane photos and how your kids were zonked out! I try to drug Jake every flight we go on and it only makes him hyper hyper!! And I am always flying alone with him- can't imagine flying with TWO kids now! I'll only attempt that with Dan's help from now on!! Looks like Granny and Grandpa's home was full with little ones!! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie! Hope you are having a great time on your trip. My girlfriend Amy Loewen lives out there with her hubby Marc, and their son who is also Micah. Maybe you know them! Anyway, she is a nurse - so if you had concerns about Keziah, maybe you could contact her. Anyway, I too have been worried that we have thrush. We saw the Dr. on Friday, and James doesn't have it - but my breasts (well, nipples) are very ouchie. They aren't cracked or anything, so I think maybe it's thrush. Plus, I was on antibiotics for a UTI. Anyway, enough about my problems! Thanks for making me feel more normal. I've never been so worried before, but I guess I've never been responsible for a little life before either. I think of you a lot. Seeing as you survived the trip to MB, I think I can survive the trip to Hawaii with a newborn. Any big air travel advice for me? Did you change Keziah in the washroom on the plane, or just in the seat? Those stalls are SO small!

Anonymous said...

By the way, LaSalle is really only 20 minutes from where I live!

KDees said...

Great pictures Jamie! It looks like you've been making some special memories there with your family.

Amber said...

Just drove through La Salle yesterday...I would have scanned the streets if I would have known you were there ;)

I'm sorry to hear of your aunt's passing...what a sad time. It's so cool that you were able to spend some time with her the other day - and that she accepted Jesus not too long ago!! Praise the Lord!

Love the plane pictures. Hard to imagine that in a couple of short years Keziah will take up 3 seats as well!!! (but we don't want to think about how fast time flies...enjoy your newborn!!)

Kimberley said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. Great pictures!

Ej said...

Great pics and so nice that you got so many seats on ths flight over. I hope your return trip was as easy. If you were on West Jet my cousin might have been one of your flight attendents.