Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coming Events

*Update: Erik's Germany trip has been post-poned because of the volcanic ash cloud. We'll wait for the dust to settle (literally!) and hopefully Erik & Doug will still get a chance to go in May.*

There are a lot of things happening these days.

1. This Friday Erik is going to Germany for a whole week with his brother Doug. They have an opportunity to help with a church building project in Berlin. So, little old me will be flying solo with the 3 kids during that time. Erik has never been away from me and the kids for more than 2 or 3 nights (and never since we've had 3 kids), so this will be a first for us! I'm feeling alright about it at this point, but I am bracing myself for some LONG days and an even LONGER week.

2. At the beginning of May we get to see these 2 get married in Atlanta, Georgia!


Erik's cousin, Chris & his wonderful fiance Jessica (who we got to meet at Christmas) are getting married on May 8...

3. Which brings me to the next exciting part - my mom will be coming to stay with the kids so Erik and I can go to the wedding without them :) Plus I'll still get to spend some time with my mom here in Abbotsford after we get back from our trip.

4. And the final bit of excitement is a new baby for these 3:


Congrats Doug, Elissa & Caleb! I'm looking forward to meeting my new niece or nephew in August :)

13 comments:

patti said...

chris is getting married!!! how awesome!!!

Elissa said...

Ha ha... loving the picture you chose of us... Caleb look like he's not too sure about the whole event... :)

Bonnie said...

As soon as I read your title, I had a feeling that some of the news would be Doug & Eli having a baby :) SOOO exciting! Congrats to them.

And congrats to Toewsie on his upcoming marriage! Very cool that you get to go without the kids... enjoy! :)

Lindsay said...

wow! so much excitement. I'm sure you will do great alone with the kids! Congrats to Doug & Elissa!

KDees said...

Exciting times! How nice to look forward to a fun trip with just Erik and no kids!! :) And, a new baby for Doug and Elissa!?! So awesome! Please congratulate them for me!

Kirsten said...

So fun! I love little adventures. Will be praying for you while Erik is away. And I love how you posted about Doug and Elissa...because I kept hoping to see that news on their blog : )

Trev and Rebekah said...

I hear you on bracing yourself for a long week. Plan lots of outings and playdates and the days will fly by.

Kara said...

Lots of exciting things around the corner for you guys. Enjoy. Hoping that your solo parenting week goes well.

kelly ens said...

hoping the week goes smoothly for you and the kids while Erik is away!
congrats to Doug & Elissa - so exciting! :)

Wenona said...

Wow! Lots to look forward to!

Kathy's corner said...

But the best part about Erik going away for a week, is you don't have to cook. you can have silly suppers with the kids. Remember when we used to do that when dad wasn't home???

Anonymous said...

wow that's a lot going on!

i hope your husband will enjoy his trip overseas as well as you!it must be hard, but you could do lots of silly&funny stuff with a great excuse!

and going away without kids? awsome!

leslie

Jen Glen said...

Wow! That is a lot of excitement! Germany - very exciting. Toewsy getting married!!! - super exciting. And I was just thinking about Doug and Elissa and wondering.... - very cool indeed.